Is It Realistic To Take A Year Away?
Ok, so of course it sounds amazing to give up work for a year and go travelling with my family, but is it realistic:
- How will we fund this trip and how much will it cost?
- What will be the reaction of our family and friends?
- What will we do with our dog – can we find somebody to look after him for a year?
- Will we be able to give our kids a proper education while on the road?
- What will be the impact on the rest of our lives – this is the exciting bit for me, but will we want to return to normality after a year of travelling?
We have only just started to think about these questions, but at the moment I am just too excited about the prospect to think we can’t overcome any challenges.
The kids are growing up fast and I think we need to do this trip soon, before it becomes even harder to leave.