I have now returned from my walk along a section of the South West Coast Path (Penzance to Falmouth), and luckily for me I have also managed to safely return my 7-year old daughter.
Top 5 Highlights
- Spending some real time with my daughter, without the usual interruptions of work / school / TV, etc.
- Being outdoors all week and enjoying the space and freedom of the Cornwall coast
- Being closer to nature – spotting seals playing near some rocks, enjoying some amazing wild flower displays around The Lizard, watching fishermen returning their hauls of lobster, plus some closer encounters with numerous herds of cows grazing the land and some Shetland Ponies up high on a cliff…the ponies were definitely the highlight for Kiera
- Amazing local seafood all of the way, with some great places to stop for food at nearly every village that we passed through…Kiera has decided that she likes fish and chips now, but only if they’re freshly caught that day, and not if they come from a packet in the supermarket
- Discovering some new places along the Cornish coast that I would like to return to and spend some more time with my family, e.g. Kynance Cove (great rock pools and caves), Marazion (St Michael’s Mount and lovely village), Porthleven (fishing harbour and some smart restaurants), Gweek (seal sanctuary), Swanpool Beach…where we finished this week and had the best ice-cream!
More details of this trip are available on my site: round the world with my family
Logistical support provided by Mr Tim Whitaker: near water walking holidays